Tuesday, August 01, 2006

10K story and prizes awarded!

Well, the whole Harlot thing kind of overshadowed getting around to this post, but here we go. The morning of the 10K was disgustingly hot and humid, for starters. To make matters worse, a good chunk of the run was on a really uneven dirt road. Just before the 5K turnaround point (it was out and back, not a loop) I stumbled in a funny spot in the road and twisted my ankle. I ended up walking the rest of the way to the 5K turnaround point and back, so I only managed 5K. My ankle is feeling better after a bit of rest so I will be out again once it is no longer like eleventy million degrees outside, which the weatherman says will be Thursday.

I have prizes to give to those kind ladies who donated to Girls on the Run as part of my fundraising efforts for the marathon this fall. Behold!


For Jennifer, 2 skeins of Koigu and an issue of Keito Dama.


For Cathi, 2 skeins of Lorna's Laces and some lovely Knit Notes made by the aforementioned Jennifer.


For Sherry, a big ball of Trekking and the Art of Knitting 2 DVD.

I have more goodies for others who wish to donate- I will randomly send out goodies from my big box of yarny goodness to generous donators until it is empty. Go here to donate. Thank you!!
Bonus picture of the boys, it's been a while:

1 comment:

Ragan said...

Awww...cute kitties. We also have 2 boy cats...black and white.
:)