Thursday, August 03, 2006

And then there were two


Another pair finished. I got to the gusset Sunday at the Harlot and managed to nearly finish the toe Tuesday during a surprisingly long meetup with some local knitters at the Caribou Coffee in Dearborn- I didn't get home until nearly 11:00 (and arrived at 6:30!!) The drive home was interesting. There was power were we were knitting, but once I drove about a block or two in the direction of home there wasn't, and it was dark most of the way home. Lots of four-way stopping at intersections with lights out, which I don't enjoy. The knitting (and company) was great though- I should be able to go most weeks, and unlike the other two meetups during the week, it's actually on a night I can go AND not super far from my house. Yay!

I got yarn for the Top Secret project for SWTC yesterday, and I'm plugging away at the other sweater in their new Gianna yarn. I also cast on for a Chic Knits Bucket Hat in some of my Cotton Ease stash, and a new pair of STR for a second pair of Jaywalkers. And lest you think I don't buy much yarn anymore (though I am trying to use what I have) I did spend the Knitty honorarium I just got on a whole bag of Silk Garden- probably for a Lady Eleanor (since I love entrelac).

6 comments:

Ragan said...

Pretty socks! I love the colors!

Amy said...

It was waiting for me today when Emma and I got home from Costco and the library! Colorway is 205 (purples/magenta)- and it's even prettier than it looked on the computer! I noticed Webs has some Silk Garden colors on clearance- I was tempted to buy more. (I got mine on ebay, at a good price too!)

Anonymous said...

oh what pretty socks, and sorry took me so long to get back to you...
emailing you now.
sherry

Larjmarj said...

Wow you're fast! Have you done etralac before? I did a swatch but I have questions. Glad you found my blog and glad you could make it to knitting on Tues!

Amy said...

I'm planning to come next week too-I have done entrelac before. At first it was just a few swatches to convince myself it's actually easy. My first "real" entrelac project was (believe it or not) published in last May's Creative Knitting magazine.

Zarzuela said...

Beautiful socks! Love the colors. :)

Jessica
http://zarzuelaknitsandcrochets.com/blog