Sunday, July 30, 2006

Yarn Harlot!

Guess what I did today?

Duh! I saw the Yarn Harlot at the Ann Arbor library!
The Harlot and I with our socks (I went from 1/2" of ribbing to halfway down the gusset while I was there).

The Harlot's Olympic Sweater in all its glory.

The whole thing was great, even though it was super hot and sweaty in there. I saw Jillian Moreno in the audience and managed to finally meet Dana, Amby, and all the other lovely Knit Detroit ladies. After I finally got through the book signing line (I deeply admire The Harlot's ability to sign books and graciously pose for pictures for hours on end without a break!!) I caught up with the girls at Parthenon for a bite and then some much deserved (and 20% off) yarn shopping at Busy Hands. I bought some cottony-goodness for a project that I really should do now if I ever plan to use it. We'll see.

6 comments:

Beth said...

It was great to meet you yesterday in Ann Arbor. I've been reading your blog for a while and was not exactly sure who you were. if anything would have been clicking I would have told you that I chaeck your blog almost everyday and you are on my favorites list. I'm going to blame it on the heat and lack of windows. Hope to see you again sometime.

Dana said...

It was nice to finally meet you as well, I'm glad you were able to hang out with us!! Hope to see you again sometime.

Kirsti said...

*sigh*. Sadly, my real life got in the way, because I was really looking forward to going and meeting up with everyone. Glad that you had fun and you met the rest of the Posse...

Anonymous said...

It was WONDERFUL meeting you in person...hopefully we'll meet up again sometime soon!!!

xyz said...

Nice meetig you yesterday! Hopefully I'll see you at some knitting location :)

Jae said...

Sounds like you had a great time!