Friday, July 14, 2006

I'm back!

I'm back from Toronto, and I've got pictures, but due to technical difficulties I can't show them yet, sorry! Suffice to say I did ditch Hubbo and Emma at Eaton Centre and walked to Lettuce Knit on Tuesday- and bought some Fleece Artist yarn while I was there. That was fun. Besides that we did a lot of touristy stuff. Emma really liked riding the subway.

In other news, Cathi will be happy to know that I bought not one, but two running skirts. They are totally cute. (Yes, I didn't need them but I do need the motivation, and outfits do it for me. I'm up to 20 miles a week now!)

Knit-wise, I'm working on some designs for SWTC and a couple of things for me (socks socks socks!) I'm hoping to have 2 more pairs finished soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Running skirts? I'm a tennis player, so I know a lot about those, but what exactly is a running skirt? Where do you find them? Good on you, BTW, for hitting the road!!!! You are doing great!

Anonymous said...

Wow 20 miles/week?!? You're my hero!!!

Amy said...

Running skirts pretty much are (or actually are, depending) tennis skirts. They are just marketing the idea for running now. One of the ones I got was from a site for running skirts, the other is from Adidas (the catalog I saw it in called it a running skirt, but the same skirt is also sold for tennis.) Thanks for all the comments about the mileage- if only I could manage my (now enormous) appetite a bit better I could lose my last few pounds- it's going slow!

Cathi said...

Did you get one of the Triks skirts? I am dying for some, but I went to a shop that was closing this weekend and splurged like crazy, so I may need to keep my running accoutrement budget in check. Unless you can tell me of a good deal....

Don't cut back too much on your intake- I know it's tempting, but I just feel like my energy and mindframe for running is totally different when I have enough food. Just think of it as fuel-

Amy said...

Yes, I did!