Friday, October 26, 2007

Socks!

The preview for the Winter issue of Cast On is up, with the little socks I designed in SWTC Tofutsies. Sonya liked them when I was knitting the sample pair back in April and has ever so patiently been waiting for the pattern ever since. (They're the blue socks, incidentally, there's more than one pair in the issue).

As for me? Yesterday I shipped out the design for Knit Simple, and I'm partway done with a design for SWTC. Besides that, I'm waiting on much yarn from Vogue for the Knitting on the Go books (Shawls 2 and Granny Squares, they're called) -- I'm hoping I can sneak in a little gift and charity knitting in between. Since I've been invited to a knitting get-together tomorrow, hopefully that will happen! Before then, I have like 8 yards of red and black satin cut out in the basement, waiting to be Hubbo's and Emma's Halloween costumes... since they're going to a party tomorrow I'd better get busy!

3 comments:

Shorty said...

Not so patiently waiting. When can I get the issue?????????

Hope to see you this afternon.

Sonya

Connie said...

congrats on all the commissions! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm a bit behind on my reading.

Glad you're feeling better.

The washing of the socks. Do you use a lingerie bag or just toss 'em in there? I use the "bag" and so far, so good.

What are Emma and DH going to be?