Sunday, February 05, 2006

Sockapalooza progress (and Hubbo bakes)

I got started on my Sockapalooza socks today. As I said before, I'm using Koigu. I decided to use the Falling Leaves pattern from Knitty which is my first toe-up experience. I'm liking it.



You can't really see the lace pattern very well yet, but be patient.

In other news, Hubbo decided to BAKE A CAKE ALL BY HIMSELF to take to the Superbowl party at which he is currently. Behold:



I was pretty impressed. While he's watching the game, I'm home with Emma watching DVDs and knitting. (Yes, I realize the game is being played 20 minutes from my house. That still doesn't make me care about football.)

Don't forget to leave a comment if you want to win the sushi contest!

10 comments:

Chrissy said...

That looks like great Falling Leaves progress. I just started my second pair of these last night. We can be buddies :)

Jae said...

The colors of your sock are beautiful! What color is it?

Amy said...

It's #427.

Anonymous said...

I love the cake, too! We've been flipping back and forth between the football and the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet - so cute!

Anonymous said...

The socks look great. I too decided to knit during the Super Bowl. OTN: Harry Potter Gryffindor scarf for my DH, baby blanket for our little bundle of joy that is on the way, and Mudflap Girl Tank Top from Stitch N' Bitch Nation by Debbie Stoller.

Cheryl:) said...

That is SO CUTE!!! YAY STEELERS!!!
Love your sock yarn!!

luvs2knit said...

I love the cake. I hope he's a Steeler's fan.

Anonymous said...

Heh. Did the Steelers' side taste better? The Falling Leaves socks are a good idea; my pal is getting Koigu as well, and if the cabled pattern I have in mind doesn't work out, I'll "rake some leaves" :)

Anonymous said...

Nice socks. I love how Hubbo's cake has goal posts and referees.

msubulldog said...

Very pretty sock colors! (and I love the referees--so clever!)