Saturday, December 22, 2007

Noro Sock Yarn!


I got this other day from Have You Any Wool in Berkley. The color is S95 (same as Kureyon #95) and I'm making another pair of Jaywalkers out of it since I like that pattern, it's easy, and, well, you know. Of course the colors are pretty... the yarn is a little rough, but I'm hoping it will soften up a little with washing. Despite the fact it is a singles yarn (like Kureyon) I think it will wear pretty well since it's not a fine, delicate wool and also because of the 30% nylon content. As you can see (with the Chevron Scarf) I'm starting to take to using my Socks That Rock stash for things other than socks, since the three pairs I made out of it have worn significantly less well than my other pairs (same goes for Koigu, though it did hold up a bit better than the STR). Since I really hate handwashing socks (though I will continue to do so for the now-mended 2 pairs of Jaywalkers and 2 pairs of plain toe-ups that had holes, as well as my Monkeys made of Yarn Pirate that I wish to protect from harm) I think I'm going to try to stick more to yarn-what-has-some-nylon for socks, since my now 5 year old first pair in Opal look brand new, as do Emma's several pairs in Trekking which she is very hard on.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Larjmarj said...

Although Opal sock yarn is sort of not "trendy" that stuff really does wear like iron. Good to know about the STR. I think I only have one skein. I guess I will have to be more of a label reader too. Love the way the Noro is knitting up.

Anonymous said...

That is gorgeous yarn! I haven't seen it around here yet, but I will be watching. :) I find the old Bernat Sox is very hard wearing. It's a discontinued Canadian sock yarn. I stockpiled it when it went on final sale....

Chrissy said...

Very pretty. Must. Acquire.

Jennifer said...

Wow - never would have thought of Noro Socks. They look gorgeous.