Saturday, December 15, 2007

Messing around a bit before I get to work

Saw this one making the rounds, so....

Christmas Meme
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I like the bags, but I get outvoted on that one, usually.
2. Real or artificial tree? Fake, all the way. Vacuuming needles really sucks.
3. When do you put up the tree? Early in December, usually.
4. When do you take it down? Hopefully before New Year’s.
5. Do you like eggnog? No way. It's like a big glass of phlegm.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Fisher Price Weaving Loom, although I really liked the Snoopy Sno Cone Machine too.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Absolutely not.
8. Hardest person to buy for? Hmmm…. In-laws, I think. Luckily Hubbo does most of the shopping.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Me? No, probably Hubbo.
10. Worst Christmas present you ever got? Not sure, I usually get nice things. When I was teaching I got an alarming amount of candles and body lotion (usually lavender, which I really can’t stand).
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, on years I actually do it.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? Probably Charlie Brown.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I prefer to wait, but Hubbo usually gets cracking in October.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me.
15. Favorite thing to eat on Christmas? Tasty appetizers. I like appetizers more than real food.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear. The colored ones are too alarming.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Not really a song, per se: Santa Claus and His Old Lady (Cheech & Chong). I like Feliz Navidad too (hey, with Jose Feliciano, you’ve got no complaints, right?)
Travel at Christmas or stay home? Just visiting, not too far.
18. Can you name all of Santa’s Reindeer? No, sorry.
19. Angel or star on top of tree? Star.
10. Open presents Christmas Eve or morning? A little from column A and a little from column B.
11. Most annoying thing this time of year? Obnoxious and crabby shoppers-- shopping is supposed to be fun, right?
12. Do you decorate your tree in any theme or color? Unless “random crap” is a theme, no. Between the cats and Emma's frequent "redecorating", there's more on the floor than the tree anyway.
13. What do you leave for Santa? Cookies, hold the milk (Pinecone sticks his arm in any unattended glasses of the stuff).

Want to do it too? Have fun.

2 comments:

Kim Beaumont said...

Amy, I am totally with you on the appetizers thing. I don't even care if there is a Christmas dinner as long as there are appetizers. We go to my in-laws on Christmas Eve to exchange presents and we all make a couple of appetizers, so it's like an appetizer smorgasbord. My favorite! And the cheesier the better. I love cheese!

Larjmarj said...

Personally I like a nice big glass of phlegm.


LOL...you have obviously NEVER had Calder's egg nog....with bourbon.