Thursday, April 12, 2007

Behold!

Look what the UPS man brought me! Swatching samples from Tilli Tomas- as soon as I finish up my current projects I'm going to be doing a bit o' designing with these lovely skeins...


Speaking of swatching, I started on my new project (unbloggable, sorry) for SWTC today. The new (mystery) yarn is soooooo gorgeous! I really love it. If you're going to TNNA in June you can see it (and me too).
Here's a bit of trivia...
What event occured on April 12, 1990?
Why, Hubbo's and my first date, of course! (I know, awwwww!) It was a double date, actually. We went to Ann Arbor, ate, walked around, etc., and I got grounded for a week because my mom didn't know I had even gone out until I got back. Late. Oops. I also got a lecture about "dating a senior"- I was in 1oth grade at the time. The first day I was "ungrounded" he came over and brought blueberry muffins for my mom and chased my little brother (then 11, now an old man) around the backyard. Very cute. Since our wedding (in '95) was a quick courthouse affair (we already lived together, so why the big fuss?), we generally consider this to be our "real" anniversary.

3 comments:

Larjmarj said...

The yarns look scrumptious!
I love stories about how people meet. My current husband (of 10 years) and I were fixed up on a blind date by my ex!

Shorty said...

Beautiful yarn.

Aaaawwww, is right. What a great meeting story. I love stories like that!

Debby said...

Happy Anniversary! See ya in June