Wednesday, April 18, 2007

4300 stitches

Yes, that is how much I accomplished last night at SnB (I was counting rows anyway!) I'm feeling a bit less distressed about my mega-deadline project now that it looks like a good chunk of a sweater (and I've only been working on it for 4 days). If I can get to the underarms by Saturday night I should be in good shape.

I actually went out for a walk this week (Monday at 5:30 am) but I didn't last long due to a new cold (must be about the 10th one this year- ridiculous!!) I'm feeling better now though, so hopefully I can get going more regularly. I want to take 20 minutes off my marathon time this year, so I've got to get going and keep going!

The other day when I heard Kurt Vonnegut died (he was my absolute favorite author) I went through my books to see which I was missing. I pretty much have them all, even some more obscure titles, but I was missing, of all things, Slaughterhouse Five. Okay, only the book that everyone on earth has heard of, and probably had to read for a school assignment at some time! Anyway, I'm going to pick that one up, and I'm starting a big re-read of his books. Right before he died I had been rereading Galapagos, and I'm almost done with Deadeye Dick now. Reading is the best thing for me right before bed when I'm too tired to knit properly!

3 comments:

Beth said...

You must have a better stitch-n-bitch than I do. Everyone shows up late and leaves early. I hardly get anything done. 4300 stitches is impressive no matter what, though!

Cathi said...

Hey- this is totally unrelated to your post (4300 sts is awesome!), but I think I'm going to be in Columbus, and I would love to meet you!

Larjmarj said...

I need to get back into my reading. I have been the queen of slacking lately, I think I need to back away from the computer a little bit more..
Those damn you-tube videos.