Friday, August 26, 2005

Meme!

Saw this on Lauren's blog and thought I'd give it a try, since I've never done one of these before, so here we go...
10 years ago
I was 21, almost done with college. I got married (eloped) to my high school sweetie in (scenic?) Toledo, Ohio. Our honeymoon consisted of having the breakfast bar at Big Boy's and going to the zoo. I worked in a toy store, substitute taught, and took way too many classes. My new hubby and I lived in a crazy little apartment on top of a travel agency in the very small town of South Lyon, Michigan, and parades went by our window all the time, always featuring this old nut showing off his antique tractor. Back then I didn't knit, I crocheted.
5 years ago
Emma was 6 months old, and I was enjoying my year and a half stint as a stay-at-home mom. By then we had long since moved away from South Lyon and were living in a different apartment in Northville. I was also a new knitter! (If you read this earlier- sorry I seemed to have forgotten how to subtract. 5 years ago was 2000, not 2001. So Emma wasn't 18 months and I wasn't going back to work or grad school yet. Oops. But I did knit then. At least I was right about that!) Here's a picture of Emma at that time:


1 year ago
We had just bought our first real house, in Livonia- in the same subdivision where I lived as a baby, oddly enough. I passed Level 2 of the Master Knitting program and bought two baby kittens, Rosalie and Pinecone II. Emma started "real" school (no more preschool for her!)
Yesterday
Spent the day getting ready for the new school year--planning units, cleaning my classroom, etc. Went out to lunch with the other teachers. Stayed late to get a bit more done to maximize weekend knitting time. Debated getting a class pet.
Today
Went to work again. Suffered through a long boring workshop with the copier man who was showing us how to use our fancy new copier. Went out for sushi with the teachers but the sushi chef was on vacation. Had to have Chinese food instead. Was sad. Came home and found a check in the mailbox for the Creative Knitting project. Was happy.
Tomorrow
Hubby is in Put-in-Bay for a volleyball tournament, so I can knit all day guilt-free. Want to finish both sleeves of the SWTC sweater. Emma plans to lay around and watch DVDs (she had a VERY active week this week at daycamp and is exhausted, so I don't blame her one bit!) Kitties plan to pester us both.

1 comment:

Janette said...

Is that a little hemangioma on the side of precious Emma's head? Lainey had a rather large one smack dab in the middle of her eyebrows! What a little sweetheart! And what a cool meme.