Sunday, August 07, 2005

First SWTC project done!

Well, I decided to stay up late last night to finish my first design for SWTC- the sample is all knitted and I'm putting the finishing touches on the instructions. I can't really say much about it since I've already given them the rights to it, but suffice to say it's a cute stuffed animal made of 2 of their new yarns, Bamboo Feather and Pagoda. Totally unbelievably soft! My daughter gave it the "hug test" and it passed. The yarn for the Creative Knitting project (coincidentally also from SWTC- I happened to do a few submissions with their yarns after I got some samples back in the spring) is on its way and I hope to get it started right after Stitches. In the meantime I am swatching and working out the math for the sweater I am doing for SWTC out of their new Karaoke yarn, which in the variegated colorways looks like Kureyon except it's SOFT!! (Half wool and half soysilk). Gorgeous, gorgeous stuff.

No comments: