Sunday, May 29, 2005

Finished another submission

I love long, nothing-to-do-in-particular weekends...especially after moving furniture all last weekend. I finished another design submission, this time for the May 2006 issue of Creative Knitting. Now I can say all those art classes were worth it in high school when my family thought I should be taking calculus and physics (I ended up taking them in college anyway.) I'm also getting packages in the mail from various yarn companies--on the advice of my PKDG mentor I've been contacting them to introduce myself and request color cards, swatching samples, etc. It's working! I'm really glad I joined the guild, though it was some work putting the application package together. I'm getting a lot of good advice and contacts out of it, and I'm more motivated submission-wise. Now to cross the fingers with the two I've sent out lately (the other was to Interweave Knits, if you missed that post). The new Spun should be coming out in a week or so, and I'll get to see my pattern (I think it's great that they knit the samples, I can't wait to see what it looks like!)

No comments: