Wednesday, April 27, 2005

The Great Wall o' Yarn

I got an email the other day asking me (and the other PKDG members) to knit swatches for the "Great Wall of Yarn" at the TNNA show this summer. Essentially, I'm going to get some brand-new, not-in-the-store-yet yarn to swatch up, however fancily, which will be displayed at the show for buyers to see how the yarn looks knitted up, etc. I'm totally excited. I can't wait for the mysterious yarns to arrive!

The Baby Surprise is almost done-- I just need to sew the seams. I think I'm going to put some kind of trim on the edges too, but I haven't decided what. This week I also got a few more rows done on the Aran, which is weird because I don't usually find much time to knit during the week. I guess I'm REALLY ignoring my responsibilities now!

As for the "Eveningwear of Mystery"-- I am working out a design for an top to wear to the Stitches banquet. All I know so far is that I'm making it out of pink Glace. I ordered the yarn from Patternworks and when it comes I'll start swatching and see what it wants me to do with it.

No comments: