Thursday, August 21, 2008

Spinny Goodness

I'm still working on those designs and tech editing, with a little spinning sprinkled in for good measure (and-shock-going to the gym, which is much overdue).


Here's that Corriedale I was talking about (the sproingy stuff), spun and dyed (with food colors and I managed to deliberately get a semisolid color in the end). It's a 3-ply, spun on my wheel.



I ended up with a little less than 100 yds of about DK weight yarn (it was just a little sample o' fleece, after all) so I decided to whip up some really simple wristwarmers with it. I ended up with some yarn left over, so I could have made them a bit longer or made thumb gussets, but that's okay.


The color is a bit more accurate in this picture.


I've also been spinning the pretty BFL I got at Rae's when we went to Lansing a few weeks ago on a mini yarn-crawl. It's working up into more of a heavy worsted. I'm thinking it might end up being a scarf or something for me once I spin the rest-- I'm not sure yet.


1 comment:

Robin said...

Your yarn reminds me of Neopolitan ice cream!!