Friday, August 01, 2008

Slightly deformed


I haven't spun in a while. The other day I tried finishing up the pink Blue Faced Leicester I bought from Beth at Knit Michigan (finished skein shown above). I'd lost my touch a bit, though, and the last bit I spun was pretty wonky, so the resulting skein is rather on the thick and thin side. The upside is my fingers remember what to do now, so when I dug into the pretty stuff I got at Rae's last weekend, it went much better. I'm going to use spinning that lovely stuff as a motivator to get me through the work I need to finish this weekend, let's see if it works!

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Hi there! Just stopping by to say hello. It's a nice blog you've got here.

I am completely jealous of the goodies you bought a couple of posts ago.

I just bought a few skeins of lace weight yarn on knitpicks but nothing beats that rush of walking into your LYS and smelling the yarn, feeling the textures and seeing all the lovely colors around you.

Larjmarj said...

Wonky is ok...seriously, look at anything from Noro!

Coley said...

PINKTASTIC!

TAG, your it!