Friday, August 29, 2008

Countdown

I caught myself having my old annual "Ohnoit'salmostthefirstdayofschoolandmyclassroomisn'tready!" panic the other day, and I had to remind myself (again) you aren't a teacher anymore, remember? Oh yeah-- back to school is a GOOD thing now!


Anyway, most of this week was spent getting the kiddo ready for school (she had a back to school fun event thing, going back another day for her class assignment, buying supplies, school clothes, etc). Yesterday we went shopping for new ballet shoes (she's a little hard to fit due to her ski-like super narrow feet) and went in to the yarn store (hey, we were driving past anyway-- I couldn't help it!) It's not my usual place to shop, but they had something irresistable:




Yes, Silk Garden Sock. I'm sure I'll get more next time I get out to Berkley, so don't worry Bridget! (And yes, I bought it even though knitting the Kureyon Sock makes me mad. It's just so pretty that the constant yarn barf and less than soft feel is worth it!! Bonus- the Silk Garden Sock is much softer than the Kureyon (duh), and prettier than the picture reveals).


Design-wise, I started another sweater today (shipped out 2 others earlier this week, one on Monday and one on Wednesday) and continue to chip away at the tech editing pile, though I'm looking forward to being home alone starting after Labor Day-- then I can get so much more done in a day!

Edited to add: I am also a total lucky brat. Sonya, who loves me, gave me a gorgeous skein of Silk Garden Sock that she picked up for me at Have You Any Wool in a different, equally beautiful colorway. I'm not worthy!!

1 comment:

Shorty said...

YOU ARE SOOOOO WORTHY!!! You have been so nice to me, I thought it's the least I could do. And I knew how much you wanted some.

I didn't know you already had some. I hope I didn't duplicate what you purchased.

Good luck to Miss E.! I know she's excited to go back to school.