Sunday, February 18, 2007

Till my fingers bleed

At present, I'm trying to finish a sweater for SWTC in a very short period of time-- not sure if I'm going to make it, but I digress. I'm sure after the snow day Wednesday you don't want to hear that now I have a week off, but it's true. Yesterday I knitted all day while Hubbo did housework (yes, I said housework) and paraded around in the only sweater I ever made him, in like 1994, in crochet (yes, it can stand under its own power), in Wool-Ease, and it's stripey too! It's also the first sweater I EVER made, so it's pretty lumpy and crooked as well. He found this alarming wad of acrylic in the basement (I don't think he ever actually wore it, but I can't blame him!) If I can muster to courage to actually photograph this monstrosity, I will.

3 comments:

Jae said...

A whole week? How did you manage that?!? Where can I get a week off?
Good luck on finishing the sweater!

Larjmarj said...

I MUST see the sweater! Sounds fug! LOL, I think I need to de-stash my collection of woolies of some early "back to knitting" fug. Believe me I have some that falls in to that category and then some. I even sold some of it on eBay! Hmmmmmm.......maybe you could make some cash off of your hub's sweater!
I had a snow day Wed. also but worked the rest of the week, how nice to have some time off!

Tina said...

I wish I could get my husband to do the housework while I sit around knitting, but that just isn't going to happen. I did get to sneak in about an hour or so of knitting yesterday after I finished some house cleaning.

Hope you enjoy you week off. I have a week of vacation coming up too and I hope to get lots of knitting done during that time.