Sunday, October 29, 2006

3:22:50

Believe it or not, I actually finished the half marathon! I even did a lot better than I thought I would- 3 hours, 22 minutes, 50 seconds- 4th in my age group for walkers!

We went downtown Saturday night to pick up my number at Cobo, then stayed at the Ren Cen for the night to avoid an extra early wake up and drive in that we wanted to avoid, especially with Emma in tow. I had a nice short walk to the start from the hotel. Hubbo took this picture, which shows a good portion of the course (including the Ambassador Bridge, which I got to walk over). I also got to walk back from Canada through the Detroit-Windsor tunnel and run out on to Ford Field like one of the Lions (except I actually felt like a winner). At the start it was in the mid 30s with high winds, which of course were in my face more than it seemed they should be! The sun really helped though.

Hubbo also got a shot of me wandering around cluelessly after finishing- I felt kind of delirious (that's me in the pink tiara, of course!)

Emma and I at home (she made a tiara too) afterwards, and getting ready to eat a lot of lunch (I was soooo hungry).

Last but not least, the medal!

9 comments:

Scoutj said...

Whoo hoo! You rock!

Shorty said...

Congrats Amy!!!!

Larjmarj said...

Congrats!!! You look relieved and fatigued in your pink tiara! LOL, what a cool thing to have actually went start to finish!

Debby said...

Congratulations. That is quite an accomplishment!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You kick arse!!!!!

Dana said...

Congratulations! You should be very proud of yourself!

Jan said...

Well done! Congratulations.

Cathi said...

I am so proud of you! You did it! Doesn't it feel amazing? And that medal- I think I would go almost any distance for a medal....:)

Woooooooohooooooooo! Go Amy!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Amy! What an inspiration ... Love the tiara too!