Saturday, October 14, 2006

Lady E Hits the Town


I used Noro Silk Garden color #205, 11 balls, and size 9 needles. I worked 43 tiers instead of 35 since the yarn was finer than that called for in the pattern. It ended up (I blocked it FLAT) being 24" wide and 73" long not including the fringe- slightly longer than the original. It was about 65" long before I blocked it, and about 21" wide. Pattern in Scarf Style (duh!)


Last night (after a lot of frantic last-minute fringe tying) Lady Eleanor made her debut at Knitter's Night Out at Have You Any Wool in Berkley (followed by a round or two of fancy martinis)with Dana, Beth, Sonya, and Amanda. I got to see the teddy bear kits that I designed for SWTC in the flesh (I am posing with it), which was nice, and also a trunk show from the One Skein book. The most amazing part? I didn't buy any yarn, though I was REALLY tempted to get some of that new Regia Silk sock yarn. I've never been in a yarn store before without buying something so this was quite a feat.

In design-y news, tomorrow I just might finish that second top secret project for SWTC. I also did a submission, something I haven't done for a while. Soon I'll have lots of fun seeing my work in print though- Quick to Knit Gifts should be out soon, and I have items in the next issues of Creative Knitting and Knit n' Style- whooo!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks FANTASTIC!!!! As does the model, of course! :-)

Anonymous said...

Amy, your Lady Eleanor is stunning! Congrats! Can't wait to see your new designs. Let us know when they are published...

Larjmarj said...

Stunning is right! Fantastic job! Can't wait to see the real deal.

Jae said...

I'm almost done with my deadline knits. Casting on for my Lady E will definitely be next. Yours looks absolutely fantastic!!

Scoutj said...

It's amazing!

xyz said...

LOVE IT! Mine is coming off the needles tonight :)

I was at HYAW on Sunday and working on mine, and all the ladies who had been there on Friday were talking about you and your Eleanor and what a supreme knitting goddess you are.

I bow down.

Miss you!!!!