Hello Pal, whoever you are!
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? I am a total snob, thank you!
2. Do you spin? Crochet? I used to crochet a lot, but not really anymore. I have spun a little, just on a spindle. I have a pretty crappy spindle (came in a starter kit) which is probably a big part of the reason I haven't done more.
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I store my straights in vases, dpns in pencil cases and circulars in a zippered binder (in page protectors, one per size.)
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting for 6 years- I would consider myself an advanced knitter as I am almost finished with level 3 of the TKGA Master Knitter program.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No, but I’ll make one if asked.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I really don’t like scented things, as a rule. I do love Burt's Bees stuff though.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Yes, but only sugar free. My favorite is the fake peanut m&ms from Russell Stover.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Nothing much.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I mostly like 80’s/90’s “alternative” bands (The Pixies are a big fave) but I also like funk and some rap/hip-hop. I do mp3's.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? Love purple, pink, teal, gray, and black. Hate orange, yellow, and brown.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Married with an almost 6 year old daughter, 2 naughty cats.
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes to scarves, hats, and mittens, no to ponchos.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Anything Noro, Koigu, or Debbie Bliss. I also adore Karabella Aurora 8 and am quite fond of Andean Silk from Knit Picks. Anything merino, silk, or alpaca is great with me! I love SWTC Kureyon but already get my fill designing for them!
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Acrylic!!!!! Not big on cotton either.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Cables, Fair Isle.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Children’s sweaters, small projects like hats and socks, bags, stuffed animals, wraps.
17. What are you knitting right now? My long-suffering Level 3 Aran and a cabled shrug (odd to have only 2 projects going!)
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Depends.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Circular all the way, baby!
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Addi turbos!
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes, both.
22. How did you learn to knit? From a book.
23. How old is your oldest UFO? About 10 months.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Hello Kitty.
25. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas, even though I’m not religious.
26. Is there anything that you collect? Knitting bags, interesting knitting needles, sushi-print items.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Okay, brace yourselves: Vogue Knitting, Interweave Knits, InKnitter’s, Cast On, Knitter’s, Creative Knitting, Family Circle Easy Knitting (or whatever they’re calling it now!)
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? That big sampler pack from Knit Picks, Wrap Style, Noro Transitions, Elizabeth Zimmermann’s Knitting Glossary on DVD (at last!!), needles with pretty tops on them.
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Knitting two socks at once, I have serious second sock syndrome.
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes- my foot is 9” long and 8” around the widest part.
31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) March 18. I will be 32.