Monday, December 19, 2005

Xmas FOs and other stuff

Look, I finished some presents (don't worry, intended receipients do not read this as far as I know):

Cute little mittens in Cascade 128. I made it up as I went along, quick and used only 1/2 a skein.


Cabley wrist warmers in Karabella Aurora 8. Only takes 1 ball! I am so in love with this yarn. Found the pattern here. It was very quick and easy- perfect for a last minute gift.

The other thing I want to finish is something out of the single skein of La Luz silk I have in my stash-- either the lavender eye mask from Handknit Holidays or the little hat from Alterknits. I'm still debating...

Look what appeared on my porch this morning!

My yarns to swatch for the Great Wall of Yarn at TNNA next month. Basically, PDKG members have an opportunity to swatch for the show and get to play with new yarns and new colors- fun! (Plus there's always leftovers...) In the summer I got yarns from Rowan and Moda Dea, this time I got yarns from Colinette (have never bought since SO EXPENSIVE), Trendsetter, Interlacements, and Skacel. You make swatches and send them back with your business card attached and all the yarn info on the back. At the TNNA show they are all displayed for the store owners and such to peruse.

No comments: