Friday, December 23, 2005

Reason #602 for naming this blog as I did



This yarn. I got a ball of it for making a Great Wall of Yarn swatch, and I can't leave it alone (if it could sue me for harrassment, I'm sure it would.) It's an upcoming yarn called "Yin" from Interlacements. It is so soft I can't stand it- 50% merino, 50% silk. It has this beautiful sheen from the silk that I'm sure you can't tell from the picture. It even comes in a big honking ball of 218 yards. If only you could reach into the screen and see for yourself.

Anyway, I've gotten pretty distracted by the swatches in general, so who knows if I'll get one more gift knitted or not. When I went through my pile of stuff to wrap I discovered something else I forgot I made awhile back so I think I'm done, anyway. Today the UPS man is bringing the Karaoke for that project I'm doing for that quick gifts magazine, so you know what will happen then.

Enjoy your solstice-related festivities (or not, as the case may be.) Cross your fingers that Santa is stopping at the yarn shop!

1 comment:

Laurie (Moo!) said...

I can SEE the beauty of the "Yin" yarn.

It's glowing!

I think I'm getting some "Lion & Lamb" for ChrismaChanukah - considering I ordered it and then gave it to DH to wrap. I only hope it's as nice as the "Yin"!

Happy Holidays!