Friday, July 29, 2005

Coming clean

Step One- Admit you have a problem.



It went down to $1 a skein! What was I supposed to do? It makes the best kid sweaters. My daughter actually LIKES orange. They don't make it anymore. It's so close to Rowan All-Seasons Cotton, but cheaper. (How many more excuses can I make?) Even though I traded Amy my 5 skeins of bubblegum pink for some of her cool Amyville stuff, I still have an embarrassing 53 skeins of Cotton Ease. I'm starting a Tivoli soon, so that's a start. I actually have some black! I bought pretty much all that what left at the creepy old Joann's in the old deserted mall(as opposed to the nice new one) near my house, leaving behind the gross (and plentiful) mint green and yellow- which my daughter wanted me to buy but I drew the line at orange. I'm done. Really. (At least I thought I was- I had to update this post because I decided to run up to the old creepy Hancock Fabrics (there seems to be an old creepy and a new nice version of most stores in my area)and they had MORE black and pink. So I got some more. Now I'm really done.)

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Glad to see I'm not the only one who went a little hog wild at Joann's today!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy, The only thing I don't like about Blogger is that I can never find an email address for it's users. Anyway, thank you for dropping by my blog. Are you taking any classes at Mid-west Stitches? I'm so excited about getting to go. On one of our trips, I went to a Joann's (we do not have one where we live) and I bought all the Cotton Ease they had left on the shelf. You would think that the company would take a hint that it's consumers want that yarn!!! Oh well, must make do with what we have. Drop back by and visit again. :)

Elspeth said...

I'm so jealous! I'm amazed there is still any left, but I've gotten all my Cotton Ease (all 4 skeins) off Ebay. I did check JoAnn's the other day but no luck.