Sunday, September 16, 2007

Knitterpalooza!

Yesterday was our much-anticipated Knitterpalooza. Above we see the guests at the home of the ever-gracious Kristi. Many of the lovely ladies I knit with were there (let's not forget the lovely and blogless Angela and Beth), some I know only in blogland, some I've met before, plus some new (to me) faces. We started out the day with a shop crawl to Threadbear, Rae's, and an odd store called something like Little Red Schoolhouse (they had dolls that were really scary, like creepy-come-to-get-you-in-your-sleep dolls, but what do I know, I'm afraid of clowns!). We finished up with a super fun BBQ, door prizes, and lots of knitting. I got some super nice stitch markers from Mel for a prize- yay! I did buy some yarn, though I budgeted myself carefully... there was some crazy sales at Threadbear; I ended up with 2 big skeins of variegated bulky wool and 9 skeins of hot pink silk for just over $30!! At Rae's I got a skein of Socks That Rock (actually in person, imagine that), a medium size Go Knit bag (I've been wanting one), and a knitting magnet that goes on your car.

3 comments:

Nia said...

It was nice to meet you.

Larjmarj said...

It was great fun!!
I hope it turns in to an annual event. It was a great way to catch up with the other knitters that I don't get to see very often. One of these days I'll have to buck up and do a Wednesday night.

Michelle said...

It was very nice to meet you as well. Yes they did have crazy sales at Threadbear I walked out with $94.00 of stuff that normally would have cost me twice that.