Monday, June 19, 2006

Go Team Tiara! (now with PRIZES!)

I've been thinking about doing some good with the whole marathon thing- I never thought I'd even enter one, and now that I have I'd like my efforts to benefit others. In that vein, I joined Team Tiara- benefitting Girls on the Run, an organization that helps girls develop leadership, goal-setting, a healthy body image and self-esteem through running. If you're feeling the girl power, I invite you to sponsor me toward my goal. And yes, I'll be wearing a tiara in the marathon. AND, I have decided to kick in some prizes for a drawing amongst my fair supporters- 2 skeins of Lorna's Laces in the "mineshaft" colorway for starters, Koigu, Trekking, and more! Anyone who makes a contribution by July 29 (the date of my next race, a 10K) is in!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a great thing you're doing - running and raising money. YEAH! I just made a donation to get you started. Good luck with the marathon. You're inspiring.

Anonymous said...

It's always so cool when knitting becomes a pathway to doing something for the greater good. What a great idea! You rock.

Jennifer said...

I'd be happy to donate some Knit Notes as prizes. Just email me offline with your mailing address. Good luck!