Sunday, September 11, 2005
Secret Pal 6 Questionnaire
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I am a total snob, thank you! :)
2. Do you spin? Crochet? Not really—I’ve played around with spinning a bit and used to crochet, but now I just knit, mostly.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) I don’t like smoke or strong perfumes.
4. How long have you been knitting? 5 years
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I have a little one on Froogle.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I’m a teacher, and get boatloads of scented candles, lotions, etc. every Christmas. I have more than I could ever use—please, no more!
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Yes, but only sugar-free. Please.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I’m really just into knitting right now, plus my beloved tap dance.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Yes, I can do MP3s. I mostly like the same things I did in high school- my favorite band is the Pixies.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? Favorites are pink, purple, teal, and black. I strongly dislike anything “autumny.”
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I’m 31, Married, one little girl (in kindergarten). I have 2 cats.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) To design all the time- no day job required (not realistic, I know)
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Noro, Koigu, Karabella Aurora 8, South West Trading, anything luxurious
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Acrylic- not real big on cotton either. I also tend to avoid novelties, in general.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Small projects that I have time for- hats, purses, etc. No scarves. I love Fair Isle, though- all types of colorwork.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Same as above.
17. What are you knitting right now? Stuff I designed for SWTC, Creative Knitting, and Knitter’s, my long suffering Level 3 Aran for TKGA, and some other stuff that I don’t often get around to.
18. What do you think about ponchos? Can do without them, but they’re not always horrible.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Circular all the way, baby! Though I do like fancy straights if they look cool, and I use dpns a lot.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Addi Turbos!
21. Are you a sock knitter? Yes
22. How did you learn to knit? Taught myself
23. How old is your oldest UFO? About 6 months or so
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Hello Kitty
25. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas- though I am totally nonreligious- I like the “family and presents” aspect.
26. Is there anything that you collect? Cool looking knitting needles, funky stuff with sushi on it
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? You name it, I got it- but not Knit n’ Style (don’t like it)
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? I have a ton of books, I buy them, I preorder them- so it’s hard to say what I’d want. However, I have an almost perfect collection of the Vogue Knitting on the Go series, except the newer one about crocheted hats or something. Even though I rarely crochet I still want it.
29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another?? I could go for Crumpets- I do have a little girl, you know!
Posted by Amy at 1:49 PM