Monday, June 06, 2005

New pattern is out

The new Spun just came out, with a pattern of mine. I'm thrilled to see it "in print," though I must admit I'm a little disappointed with the sample they pictured with it (the good folks at Spun knit their own samples for photography, in case you didn't know.) They did a garter stitch strap instead of the pattern stitch strap-- I'm sure this was quicker, but I don't like how it looks as much. Oh well! If for some reason any of you decide to knit the bag, use the original strap instructions. You'll be glad you did.

4 comments:

Laurie (Moo!) said...

Congrats on the pattern!

It's kind of like when you submit a recipe and the magazine changes it but puts your name on it.

At least "we all" know what's what.

Anonymous said...

Sorry! I ran out of time and my hands hurt from the little gauge... I did what I had to do for the sample to make it to the photo shoot. Don't hate me 'cause I'm a slow knitter...

(by the way, it's a fab design)

Amy said...

Tara- I totally understand. Thanks for knitting the sample. :)

luvs2knit said...

Congratulations on your pattern being in Spun. The purse is very nice and the colorway is beautiful.