Monday, March 10, 2008

Little sigh of relief

The two sweaters I was working on for Westminster Fibers are done at last-- and off they went this morning. It's been really nuts trying to finish them what with all the sickness and general craziness around here, but it happened!

Yesterday evening I had some free time, so I finished up some yarn I've been (trying) to spin on my new wheel in little 5 minute snatches. It's some pink Romney I got at Knit Michigan, and even though it's not the softest stuff in the world, it's REALLY easy to draft. I think I've got the hang of the wheel now!


I'm finishing up another sweater for Alpaca With a Twist, working on some tech editing stuff and bracing myself for another huuuuggge tech editing job. I'm also hoping to get out to knit with my friends more than once this week, since we're not expecting our typical huge-snowstorm-of-the-week like it seems we've been getting all winter (unlike most winters).

OH- I got the spring issue of Knit Simple with my dress in it-- and imagine my surprise that they did a technique article on it as well (for eyelets and picot hems). Yay!

1 comment:

Larjmarj said...

I do believe that you have the hang of the wheel! Nice work...

Hope to see you Friday.