Sunday, March 30, 2008

Finished Stuff



You get a lot done sitting around at a volleyball tournament...

The Hubbo's team participated in the state championships this past weekend in Battle Creek (they did pretty well-- made it to the semifinals) and whilst this was going on I watched and knitted. I wasn't even the only knitter this time, which was pretty wild.

I made another Calorimetry (since I lost my other one) out of some of my handspun. The wool was superwash merino with sparkly Angelina that I spun on my wheel and Navajo plied. It came out a nice heavy worsted weight.

The socks are for Emma, just a plain vanilla affair with short row heels. The yarn is Opal Rainforest (in the "Flamingo" colorway) which I bought last April at the Knitter's Frolic in Toronto (super on sale).

Even though Emma and I couldn't have breakfast with Tony the Tiger this time around (Cereal City is closed, so sad) we were still happy to tag along and cheer for Hubbo's team.

No comments: