Monday, January 01, 2007

2006 Year in Review, and winners!

First, the projects I finished in the last few days:


The Chic Knits Bucket Hat, started way back in the summer. Yarn is Lion Brand Cotton Ease, less than 1 ball.

And the Flower Washcloth from Weekend Knitting, which I'll hang on to for an emergency gift.


Last but not least, the Shape It Scarf from The Knit Stitch, which I made with the Silk Garden I got for Christmas.


Second, the comprehensive list of projects I finished in 2006 (yes, I keep track, and yes, they are even in order by start date):
1. Mermaid Scarf (for Great Gifts book)
2. Pagoda Top for Emma
3. Fisherman Shrug (from the awful, mistake-ridden pattern in Knit It!)
4. Sockapaloooza Socks
5. Elizabeth Cardigan for SWTC
6. Koigu Jaywalkers for me
7. Bamboo Feather Cape for SWTC
8. Fair Isle Cardigan for The Alpaca Yarn Company
9. Simplici-Tee for SWTC (Have You Any Wool has a sample of this one on display)
10. Arbor Pillow, in Fall 2006 issue of Cast On
11. Baby Cable Socks, to be in July 2007 issue of Creative Knitting
12. Emma Pullover for SWTC (in their ads for Amaizing)
13. Petal Bib

14. A quick hat
15. Another quick hat
16. Toe Up Socks in Socks That Rock
17. Trekking Socks for Emma (for the Trekking KAL)
18. Sherbet Stripe Set for SWTC
19. More Socks That Rock
20. Chunky Cables Jacket, in February 2007 issue of Knit n' Style
21. Socks That Rock Jaywalkers
22. Chic Knits Bucket Hat
23. Turtleneck Tank for Nashua Handknits "Seashore" book
24. Boatneck Tank for Nashua Handknits "Seashore" book
25. Charcoal Ridges Wrap for an upcoming book
26. Lady Eleanor!!
27. Lace Up Fingerless Gloves from Alterknits, gave to Emma's teacher
28. Jonette's Sweater for an upcoming book
29. Totoro Bonnet for Emma
30. Tofu-ties Socks for SWTC
31. Plush hat for Emma
32. Cabled Capelet
33. Ruffles Scarf
34. Dune Scarf, gave to the art teacher at school
35. Henry Rollins doll, for Hubbo
36. Zara Fingerless Gloves, gave to teacher's aide in Emma's class
37. Shape It Scarf, made with Xmas gift yarn
38. Flower Washcloth

So that's 38: the winner is... Sonya who was right on the money at 38!!

As for unfinished projects, the list is:
1. Bohus Red Palm Sweater
2. Vintage Velvet Scarf
3. Chocolate Covered Cherries Socks
4. Karaoke Jacket (only cast on, how sad!)
5. Level 3 Aran for TKGA- we'll see if I EVER get around to this one!
6. Design for SWTC #1 (well underway, almost done)

(there are 2 others that aren't cast on yet, so they don't count).

So that's 6: the winner is... Sarah, who guessed 6 and was also exactly right!

And now for the stash. I rearranged and counted ALL of it. By "stash" I counted anything that's not currently being used or planned for a particular project. Here's the breakdown:
SWTC yarn: 77
Cotton Ease: 21
Koigu: 16
Noro, Malabrigo, and Diakeito: 21
Angora, Cashmere, Alpaca and Mohair: 49
Plain Old Wool: 27
Shetland Wool: 18
Sock Yarn: 23
Silk: 11
Cotton: 29
Ribbon: 3

That makes 295 altogether: the winner is: Robin who guessed 224- not bad!
Congratulations to the winners! Please email me at frottez at att dot net to claim your prize.

3 comments:

Shorty said...

HAPPY NEW YEARS AMY!!!

I can't believe I guessed right. I was way off on everything else.

Congrats to you, and the other winners of your contest.

Sonya

Anonymous said...

295!!!! I was giving you some slack! When the count exceeds over 250, I don't think it matters!! You go girl! You're a knitter after my own heart!

Sarah said...

Wow, I'm really surprised I won! Cool! hehe