Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Cookie-related goodness

Sunday we had quite the day for Sonya's 40th birthday. She's got lots more pictures up on her blog, but I stole two of them to sum it up...





Yes, a healthy portion of the Detroit Area Knitters piled in (several) cars and drove out to Lansing for the Cookie A. workshops at Threadbear! (A few people are missing from the picture, unfortunately). We had a great day, with the added bonus of a big fancy cake, Chinese takeout, and shopping. I opted for some more spinning fiber (because as if I need yarn) and picked up some more Lorna's Laces:



Hopefully I'll get to spin that soon. I still need to finish plying the pink and brown stuff I got at Rae's to empty my bobbins.

As for today, I'm putting the final touches on a book I've been tech editing, plus a little more unrelated editing, and then I'm plowing on toward a sweater deadline. If I'm lucky I'll get to spend a little time thinking about how to fancy up the bellydancing costume I'm soon to be making...

1 comment:

Larjmarj said...

Looks like a good time was had by all. I was whoopin' it up in D.C.