Sunday, November 09, 2008

Silk Garden Socks


Finally finished these the other day! Now if I can manage to finish the other pair that's been on the needles for far too long, I'll be all set. Of course, I've got a mountain of design projects to work on, so we'll see how long it takes!

Yesterday I FINALLY got to go to The Spinning Loft, which I've been meaning to go to for AGES. Sonya, Miranda, Dana and I headed out and partook of some lovely fibers (Sonya is a recent but intense convert to spinning. I suspect it won't be long before she gives in and gets a wheel). I got a few different things (all small amounts, just to play with)-- mohair locks, silk, angora, and some really gorgeous Pygora that I already started spinning on my wheel. I also got 4 oz of undyed superwash merino fiber that will someday become socks.
One more lovely day of messing around, then tomorrow it's back to work-- I've got some edits to finish, new designs to start knitting, patterns to write up and submissions that need to be sketched up and swatched. (I know, what an awful job I have, right?)

2 comments:

Dana said...

Intense convert! Awesome description.

Anonymous said...

hey, it's not easy being your own boss, especially it can be tough to "call it a day" yknow? wow, I am impressed and so jealous of your ability! that blue sweater is amazing!