Friday, July 06, 2007

How unusual...

My house has been clean for a whole week, and I actually cooked dinner more than once (nothing fancy, though). Someone must have replaced me with a more domestically-minded clone. Even the cats look startled! (BTW, it's their birthday today).

Or maybe it has something to do with the fact that I've "retired" from teaching. From now on I'm going to be devoting more time to designing and tech editing, with a bit of tutoring and subbing on the side. A huge load of stress has floated away, though I'll have to get a lot better at budgeting (cooking dinner for once should help!)

I'm picture-less today, though I did make some progress on a design in super-sumptuous Tilli Tomas yarn. I got the yarn for the Nashua design too, though I haven't touched it yet (waiting for a question to be answered first about the sizing). The yarn for the Knitter's design is also on its way, so that can get started too, as well as the rest of the yarn I need from SWTC. For a while I was worried about having too much to do at once, but I think right now it's just about what I can handle, especially since I'm home during the day. I'm willing to get help with the knitting (some lovely ladies have volunteered) but I'd rather do it myself if I can. (I should make some progress on my Sockapalooza socks too, but I know I can do a sock in a day if I need to, so I'm not too worried).

Tonight I'm meeting up with some of the girls to knit since I couldn't make our usual Tuesday. Should be fun!

5 comments:

Amby said...

Wow!!! Good for you and good luck with the career change/shift...I have no doubt that you'll be super-successful!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job move! I'm sure that not balancing 2 jobs was a huge bonus.

Larjmarj said...

Sometimes a career shift is scary but usually we know ourselves enough to make the right decision. Very happy for you.
Turning domestic? Is it contagious?

Laurie (Moo!) said...

Goodness, I've been away so long. I don't even know why! :-O

Can you send the Harlot over here, now that she's done with your garage/yard?

Congrats on the career change. Enjoy life!

sarah memily said...

Hiya seester!

If you have some free time, you can come clean my house...or at least visit it!

I liked your retro wrap!