Sunday, September 17, 2006

No knitting around here...

Mostly because I've been spending WAY more time than usual with Hubbo, which has its charms, of course. We went to the Melting Pot Friday for a (severely) belated anniversary dinner (it was June 26, okay? 11 years! plus the 5 before we got married) but the cozy and romantic fondue-ular goodness was worth the wait. Besides that, we squeaked a second evening out in the same week, which when you have small childr(ren) happens about as often as a comet passing by. Today (since he's out with the guys) I'm back on track ignoring my housework and getting some knitting accomplished-- I'll update when there's something worth taking a picture of.
Although I didn't knit this week, I did go yarn shopping Tuesday after work since I had a late appointment near Knitter's Kove in Commerce and a little time to kill beforehand. I bought 3 lovely balls of Kidsilk Haze, another skein of Crystal Palace Cotton Chenille for a potential holiday gift, and 2 skeins of Cascade 220 for who-knows-what at this point.

6 comments:

sarah said...

How fun! I love the melting pot. There's something just so romantic about fondu.

Jae said...

The Melting Pot is a great romantic resteraunt! Hubby and I love eating there.

Beth said...

Hey! My anniversary was June 3 and we were married for 11 years too and to top it all off we dated for 5 years before we got married. We could be twins - except that I'm from PA and have red hair and a different mother. Oh, well.

Larjmarj said...

That's awesome. My hub's current schedule allows us about five minutes of contact daily. No...he's not incarcerated, just working an odd shift. It's starting to get on my last nerve. I've heard of the Melting Pot, where's it located?

Amy said...

it's in Novi- I think there's one on the east side somewhere too.

Zarzuela said...

I just *love* the melting pot! Got to go for my birthday this year.

Nice stash enhancement! Hope you get some quiet time to work with it. :)

Jessica
http://zarzuelaknitsandcrochets.com/blog